Mar 1, 2009

The big girl room


Well, it is finally complete. I brought this dresser back from Atlanta over the weekend and now we can say Lilly's new room is finished. We had her old dresser in there for the time being. This white dresser used to be mine when I was growing up, so it is neat to see Lilly using it now.

This room has truly been a work in progress. I decided last summer to begin fixing up this room for Lilly. So I painted it yellow, picked out and ordered the bedding and re-painted the white bookcase (that I also used in my college years in my apartment.) None of Lilly's pictures or things were in the room, so it never really felt right. We started calling this the "big girl room." We would play with Lilly in here, Josh and her would jump on the bed together - this is one of her favorite things to do with daddy. We really started talking to Lilly about this becoming her room in December. One weekend in January, she decided she wanted to move to her "big girl room." So we got all her "babies" (the pink stuffed animals that are everywhere) and moved them across the hall. We transferred her clothes to the closet and moved her old dresser into the room. She has loved it! She has slept better in her big bed and has lately started sleeping all night long without getting up to go potty in the wee hours of the morning.

I am glad the pictures are all in place, her name is hung above the bed, and all the furniture is in the right place. Now it is on to project #2 - Joy's room. Here are a few more pictures of Lilly's big room....


2 comments:

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

Very cute room! Is Lilly excited about having a little sister?

Blessed said...

Cute!! I'd love to come see it sometime!