May 18, 2009

We love strawberries



We went to Huntsville, I think it has actually been about a month ago, but anyways we just wanted to spend time with Josh's family before Joy arrived and get away for the weekend. It really hit me while we were gone that our whole trip was planned around Lilly. We took her to Chuck-E-Cheese for the first time. She loved playing all the games and it was really nice because we went on a Friday morning, so it was not crowded at all. Then we went to the outdoor mall for her to ride the carousel and Cho-Cho-Train. Then the next morning we had a girls trip out the strawberry patch to pick fresh strawberries. I have never done this before and I have to say these were the best berries ever. We even ate a few while we were out in the field and Lilly absoutley loved them. Strawberries are her favorite food by far right now! We brought a whole bucket full home and ate on them all week, made strawberry pie, strawberry bread. I was really sad when they ran out and Lilly was too. The grocery store ones just do not compare.

I am thankful for the time we had to get away before our new little one arrives - and it could be any day now. I do have to say I have my moments where I think what are we doing, am I really going to make it with two little ones in the house??? Then I stop and thank God for this new gift on the way and the chaos that will follow in the next couple of months. As I said at small group last night, God is in control and yes life will be crazy for a while, but it will be in those crazy moments that I am reminded how blessed I am to be a mother of two precious little girls.

No comments: